Coachella Valley Unified School District takes pride in offering a benefit program that provides flexibility for the diverse and changing needs of our employees. The district offers permanent employees (working more than 20 hours per week) and their family members a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and basic life benefits.
There is an annual open enrollment period each year (August), during which you can make new benefit elections for the following October 1 effective date. Once you make your benefit elections, you cannot change them during the year unless you experience a qualified change in family status as defined by the IRS. Examples include, but are not limited to the following:
- marriage, divorce, or annulment
- birth or adoption of a child, legal guardianship
- a qualified medical child support order
- death of a spouse or child
- change in your dependent's eligibility status
- loss of coverage from another health plan
Coverage is NOT automatic. If you experience a change in family status, you have 30 days to update your coverage. Please contact Risk Management immediately to complete the appropriate election form as needed. If you do not update your coverage within 30 days from the family status change, you must wait until the next annual enrollment period to update your coverage.
- Medical Plan:
- Dental Insurance:
- Vision Insurance: VSP PPO Plan
- Prudential Basic Life: $10,000 life policy (paid the District)
- Prudential AD&D Insurance: $2,000 policy (paid the District)
- Employee Assistance Program- Anthem Blue Cross
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides employees and their household members with free, confidential assistance to help with personal or professional problems that may interfere with work or family responsibilities and obligations. Services are confidential and are available 24/7 via a toll free nationwide number 800-999-7222. Employees and their household members can receive up to 6 counseling sessions per person, per problem, per year.
- Product Discounts for Anthem Members (Weight Loss, Pet Insurance, Hearing Aides, & more...)